Orcop Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE ROUTINE MEETING WEDNESDAY 25 JANUARY 2012
PRESENT: Cllrs Sayce, Thomas, Jones, Garlic, Davies and Watkins
1. APOLOGIES were received from the local Policing Team and District Councillor, Cllr Russell Hamilton.
2. UPDATE FROM THE LOCAL POLICING TEAM – Apologies
3. UPDATE REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR, CLLR RUSSELL HAMILTON – Apologies
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
5. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING were agreed as a true and accurate account of the meeting and duly initialled, signed and dated by the Chairman.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED – Reports and comments from the Planning Committee
a) DMS/111067/F The White House, Garway Hill. Site static caravan/mobile home on land owned at the White House (Retrospective) – Permission Refused. Members noted the refusal of permission from Herefordshire Planning Services.
a) Lengthsman Invoice 332 – £100.00 – Payment unanimously agreed.
b) To receive and consider report on projected financial accounts to year end 31.03.12 and forecast for 2012-2013 Members consideredthe report and projected financial forecast from the Clerk. Members thanked the Clerk for an excellent clear report and projection.
c) To agree Parish Council Precept 2012/2013 Members having considered the projected figures considered the amount the Parish Council wished to request for the precept for 2012-2013. It was proposed by Cllr B Thomas to keep the precept the same and request a precept of £5,000, seconded by Cllr Jones and unanimously agreed.
d) Parish Magazine subscription for 2012-13 – £5.00Payment unanimously agreed.
e) Payment of notice board as agreed 23.11.11 Payment unanimously agreed.
f) Payment of Gift of thanks for Internal Auditor as agreed 23.11.11 Payment unanimously agreed.
g) Petty Cash Request from the Parish Clerk – £60.00Payment Unanimously agreed.
8. LEGTHSMAN SCHEME
a) To agree commencement of work to clear drains and ditches as required.Members considered the email received from the Lengthsman informing the Parish Council that some ditches and drains needed clearing due to blockages by mud, dead leaves and hedge cuttings.It was unanimously agreed for the commencement of this work and asked the Clerk to instruct the commencement of work.
9. VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE MEETING WEDNESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2012
of representative of the Parish Council to attend the above meeting. Cllrs Thomas and Davies noted the date and thanked the Clerk for her reminder.
10. CORRESPONDENCE – as circulated
A) Localism Act update
Members noted the correspondence as distributed by the Clerk. Cllr Jones informed members he was interested in attending the Neighbourhood Planning seminar to be held on 8 February 2012.
11. PARISH CLERK’S COMMUNICATION – None
12. DATES FOR FUTURE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS 2012 – 2013
- WEDNESDAY 21 MARCH 2012
- WEDNESDAY 23 MAY 2012 – Parish Meeting ( to commence at 7.00 pm), AGM (to commence at 7.15 pm) & ROUTINE PARISH MEETING ( to commence at 7.45 pm)
- WEDNESDAY 25 JULY 2012
- WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2012
- WEDNESDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2012
Members noted the dates as laid out above.
With reference to the Queens Diamond Jubilee event to be held between the Parish Council and the Village Hall Committee Cllr Watkins informed members that Garway were putting an event on in the evening including tribute bands and felt this could be an event that would prove very popular with residents of both the villages to attend. The Clerk suggested to members that it may be of benefit for Orcop to put on an event during the day which could be celebrated by residents from both villages, especially the older members of the Parish and those who may not enjoy live music. This would prove to create a day and evening of celebrations for the Queens Diamond Jubilee and cater for everyone’s tastes. Cllr Sayce suggested to members that it would be good to have a beacon event in conjunction with Garway similar to the one that took place for the Millennium. The event was very successful and attracted many residents from both Orcop and Garway and other surrounding parishes.
There being no further business, the Chairman called the meeting to a close at 8.05 pm.