Orcop Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE ROUTINE MEETING WEDNESDAY 21 MARCH 2012
PRESENT: Cllrs Sayce, Thomas, Jones, Garlic and Watkins.
1. APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Davies.
2. UPDATE FROM THE LOCAL POLICING TEAM This item was deferred until later in the meeting when a member of the Local Policing Team would be available to give a report.
3. UPDATE REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR, CLLR RUSSELL HAMILTON Cllr Hamilton asked if members had any questions from his Newsletters which had been circulated to members.
Cllr Hamilton then reported on conversations he had had with the tenants of the Fountain Inn and the installation of a community library there. He asked if the Parish Council would support this and an application to request grant funding to support this project. Members felt this was an excellent idea and would fully support the project and an application for funding. Cllr Hamilton informed members he would process the form to apply for grant funding to give to the Parish Council for submission.
Cllr Hamilton then informed members of a proposed litter sweep he was organising on the A49 and conversations he had commenced with regard to minimum disruption to businesses along the A49 during the scheduled works to be carried out along the highway.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None
5. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING The minutes of the previous meeting of the 25 January 2012 were agreed as a true and accurate account of the meeting and duly initialled signed and dated by the Chairman, Cllr Doug Sayce.
RESOLVED: The minutes of the meeting of the 25 January 2012 are a true and accurate account of the meeting and initialled signed and dated by the Chairman.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED – Reports and comments from the Planning Committee
a) Information on new electronic planning process. Information included with agenda and notice placed on the notice boards for public information.
b) S120535/F Burhope Farm, Orcop. Change of use of a store to WC’s and Showers. The Parish Council returned the comments of “no objections.”
a) Lengthsman Invoice x 1 – £714.00 for the clearing of ditches within the parish. Payment agreed and signed off by Cllrs Sayce, Thomas and Jones.Cheque signed and initialled by Cllrs Sayce and Thomas. – Noted
b) Payment received for Lenghtsman scheme from Herefordshire Council£1478,25 – Noted
c) Precept for 2012/13 approved. First precept payment in April, second precept payment in September. Estimated Council tax per band D property for the Parish £28.30. – Noted
d) Contribution to churchyard upkeep. The Clerk informed members she had received a request from Orcop PCC for an increase in the annual donation to the upkeep of the churchyard which at present stood at £100 per year. The Clerk had requested a copy of the PCC’s accounts and quotations for the cost of the upkeep of the churchyard to support the request which had been circulated to members with the agenda for consideration. Cllr Sayce proposed that the donation of £100 stays the same for this year as the Parish Council has not allowed for an increase in the budget it has set for the financial year 2012/13 but includes an increase in its budget and precept request for the next financial year 2013/14. This was seconded and unanimously agreed.
RESOLVED: The donation for the upkeep of the churchyard to stay at £100 but an increase be included in the budget for the financial year 2013/14.
e) Payment of Village Hall Hire Fees for 2011/12 £42 – Payment agreed
f) Lengthsman Scheme Admin Fees for 2011/12 £147.82 – Payment agreed
8. LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
a) Contract renewal – The Clerk informed members she had drawn up a new contract for the next 3 years commencing from April 2012- 2015 as approved. The Clerk informed members the contract remained principally with amendments including the changes of date, of the hourly rate from £15 per hour to £20 per hour and the inclusion of the use of the PC IRIS reporting system. – Noted.
9. AREA BY THE BUS STOP AND SPRING NEAR THE FOUNTAIN INN.
Members considered the tidying up of and creating a feature of the area as described above, possibly in recognition of the Queens Diamond Jubilee, and the possible funding opportunities that may be available to assist with the project. It was proposed, seconded and agreed that members would pay a visit to the site and come up with ideas for improving the area and bring them to the next meeting for further discussion and approval. The Clerk to check with Herefordshire Council as to the ownership of the land and the possible commencement of work should it need to be approved by the Unitary Authority.
10. DIAMOND JUBILEE REPORT
Having attended a meeting of the Village Hall Committee, Cllr Thomas reported to members that the option of a combined event between the Village Hall Committee and the Parish Council was no longer an option. Mrs Patterden, who is responsible for the village hall bookings, had agreed hire of the village hall to Garway Parish Council for a Queen Tribute Band night, so the hall was no longer available for the two bodies to stage an event.
11. CORRESPONDENCE – Nothing was raised from the correspondence circulated. Members noted the information received.
12. PARISH CLERK’S COMMUNICATION – None
13. DATES FOR FUTURE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS 2012 – 2013 Members noted the dates shown below.
- WEDNESDAY23 MAY 2012 – Parish Meeting ( to commence at 7.00pm), AGM (to commence at 7.15pm) & ROUTINE PARISH MEETING ( to commence at 7.45pm)
- WEDNESDAY 25 JULY 2012
- WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2012
- WEDNESDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2012
There being no further business, the Chairman called the meeting to a close at 8.30 pm.